Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
A spicy mix of ground beef and kidney beans, Air Fryer Chilli Con Carne (or chili as it’s also known) is simple to prepare, economical, and can be served in lots of different ways. Great as a mid-week meal, spicy and filling, we think it’s best served with boiled rice, salad and tortilla chips.
Is it spelled chili, or chilli?
In American English, “chili” is the most common spelling for the spicy peppers as well as the stew, as in chili con carne. In British English, the preferred spelling is “chilli.” In Spanish speaking countries and regions of the US, “chile” is the most common spelling. We like to spell its chili con carne because that’s the way we see it spelled the most.
What is chili con carne anyway?
“Chili” can be made from chicken, turkey, sweet potato, vegetarian, ground round, corn, beans, so there are lots of variations. “Chili con carne”, however, is made with beef. ‘Con carne’ means ‘with meat’ in Spanish. It’s a spicy blend of beef, tomatoes, onion, and seasonings that is very popular in the winter as a stew and served with rice or corn chips to name a couple of sides.
Where was chili, or chili con carne, invented?
The modern dish we know as chili, also known as chili con carne (chili with meat), appears to have its roots in the American West, particularly the State of Texas. An old legend says that immigrants from the Canary Islands brought a recipe for chili with them when they settled San Antonio in the early 1700s.
Is chili con carne best with or without beans?
Chili con carne traditionally contains meat, tomatoes, peppers, onions, flavorful spices, and beans can be added if desired.
Who first put beans in chili?
In 1893 at the Chicago World’s Fair, Texas attracted visitors with its San Antonio Chili Stand, and the dish spread quickly across the country. By the 1920s, cookbook recipes for chili called for beans and by the 1940s, tomatoes were a common ingredient.
Ingredients you will need for air fryer chili con carne:
- Can of diced tomatoes
- Beef stock
- Tomto puree
- Seasonings including pepper, chili powder, coriander, and cumin
- Ground beef
- Olive oil
- Fresh red chillies (or chili peppers)
- A red pepper
- Kidney beans
How do you cook chili con carne in an air fryer?
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Place the onions, red pepper and chilies in a pan and place in the air fryer.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook for 5 minutes
- Combine the spices with the tomato puree and stir into about half of the beef stock.
- Add this beef stock mixture with canned tomatoes to the air fryer pan.
- Cook for 25 minutes, stirring every 8 minutes or so.
- Add the beans and the remaining beef stock and cook for 5-10 more minutes.
Why we think you will love this recipe for chili con carne:
- It’s inexpensive
- It is easy to prepare
- It’s sure to be a crowd pleaser
- It can be served in many different ways and is always filling
- It’s family friendly
Is homemade chili healthy?
You may think of chili as greasy and unhealthy, but that just isn’t true. Most of today’s chili recipes are packed with nutrients that are good for you, and chili can be part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
What temp do you use to cook chili con carne in an air fryer?
To make chili con carne in the air fryer, preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F.
Should chili be thick or soupy?
Chili should be thick and hearty enough to be a meal on its own, but sometimes there’s just a bit more liquid than you want in the pot. If you keep on cooking the chili, some of the ingredients, like the beans, may fall apart and turn to mush and will thicken the chili con carne a bit.
Can you use frozen beef to cook chili con carne in an air fryer?
Thaw the frozen beef in the refrigerator. Make sure it is fully thawed before cooking it in chili con carne.
Is it safe to eat rare or undercooked beef in chili con carne?
Rare or undercooked beef and a pot of chili con carne do not belong together. If the recipe includes any type of ground meat, bacon, chorizo, or cubes of beef, it should always be browned first before adding the spices, beef stock, tomatoes and beans.
Can you freeze chili con carne after cooking in an air fryer?
Chili con carne can be frozen for up to 3 months. To freeze cooked chili con carne, cool it to room temp and place in an air-tight container or freezer bag, then freeze. When you’re ready to serve the chili con carne, defrost it to room temperature before warming it up.
How long can you safely store chili con carne after cooking?
Since chili con carne is excellent and flavorful after the 2nd or 3rd day, place the leftovers in an air-tight container and it will store safely in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
How do you reheat chili con carne in an air fryer?
The air fryer is an excellent way to reheat your leftover chili con carne. Preheat the air fryer to 350-400 degrees F and heat for 3-4 minutes.
What to serve chili con carne with?
- Boiled rice, we think is best!
- Sour cream or yogurt
- Wrap it in a burrito
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Green onions sprinkled on top
- Corn chips or tortilla chips for nachos
- Baked Potatoes
- Cheesy Potato Skins
- Sweet Potatoes
Air Fryer Chilli Con Carne
Easy and healthy Air Fryer Chilli Con Carne, or 'Chili' as it's also known in the States, is a delicious weeknight dinner that can be served in so many different ways. This family favorite can be prepared and cooked in an air fryer in about an hour. Serve with boiled rice, salad, corn or tortilla chips and top with grated cheddar cheese for a hearty and filling meal.
No ratings yet
Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 45 mins
Total Time 1 hr
Servings 4 people
Calories 355 kcal
1 Air Fryer(Video) SPICY HOME MADE CHILI AIR FRYER
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1.5 oz tomatoes chopped
- 12 oz beef stock hot
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1.5 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander ground
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 lb lean minced beef broken up with a fork
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 fresh red chilli seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper seeded and finely diced
- 14.5 oz can red kidney beans rinsed and drained
Preheat your air fryer to 360°F
Place the onion, red pepper and red chilli in a pan and place in the air fryer, drizzle the oil evenly over the top. Cook for 5 minutes.
Add the minced beef to the pan, breaking up the beef with a fork. Cook for 5 minutes or until the meat is brown all over
Mix the ground spices and seasoning with the tomato puree, then stir this mixture into 2/3 of the beef stockSee AlsoЖенщина-Телец мужчина-Рак: совместимость в любви, браке, постели, в дружбе и работе, как завоевать девушку, перспективыHow do I get the best sound out of my car's audio system?Tamil Play 2022: Tamil Play Movie Download, Tamilplay.com, Tamilpaly, Tamil Paly, Tamil Movie Play, Playtamil, Tamilplay.inProfecía Hopi y el fin del Cuarto Mundo – Parte 1 – Video en Contexto
Add the stock mixture and canned tomatoes to the air fryer pan. Cook for 25 minutes, mixing every 8 minutes
Add the canned beans and the remaining 1/3 beef stock and cook for another 5-10 minutes, stir half way through
Best served with boiled rice
Top Tips to making great chili con carne in an air fryer:
- Rice is a must to serve with chili con carne.
- Try adding some frozen sweet corn to the mix for a great flavor.
- You can substitute black beans, pinto beans or even chickpeas for the kidney beans in this recipe.
- Chili con carne is even better the second or third day so you can make it in advance.
- You can make chili con carne as hot as you want it by adding more chili powder when cooking.
- Beware, a fresh red chilli (or chili) pepper, seeded and chopped, will add heat to the dish.
Air Fryer Chilli Con Carne
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.